Adam runs a small B&B in Herefordshire and is also a craftsman. His craft-related blog, The Craft Bench, can be seen here

Saturday 28 August 2010

Orange Muffins



Something I threw together the other day as I had someone coming over - and an orange in the fruit bowl looking sorry for itself!

I'm on a bit of a wheat-free kick at the moment, so they happen to not have any wheat in them. You could just use 3 oz plain flour instead.

ORANGE MUFFINS:

Grated rind on one large orange
2 oz brown rice flour
1 oz cornflour
3 oz sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Juice of half an orange
1 1/2 oz oil (or 3 of butter)
1 large egg
Small handful of choc chips

Mix together the dry ingredients, add the wet, pour into muffin cases and bake 20 mins in a medium oven (I tend to do mine at 150C). Eat. Couldn't be easier. Oh... you might want to let them cool a bit first I suppose.

A shake of icing sugar on top if you want to smarten them up... Next time I'll try them with less sugar - say 2 oz instead of 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment