Adam runs a small B&B in Herefordshire and is also a craftsman. His craft-related blog, The Craft Bench, can be seen here

Sunday 16 June 2013

Mixed fruit marmalade

A couple of years ago, whilst searching the 'net for marmalade recipes, I came across a guy who simply added all the old fruit from his fruit bowl to his orange marmalade mix. At the time I thought this was a bit odd, but...
I was looking through the jams in my larder and realised that not only were many of them a year or two old, but some were decidedly uninteresting in the first place (carrot and apple is a big NO!). So I tipped it all out into a large saucepan, cooked it all up again with some lemon juice and created 'Adam's decidedly uninspired re-cycled jam' - for personal use of course!
Then I had about a jar-an-a-half's-worth left and added a jar of this year's orange marmalade and Behold! a rather fruity marmalade! Definitely still marmalade, even though it is 3/5ths old fruit jam.
Next year I shall contemplate the fruit bowl with renewed interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment